Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Looking for Mr Mojo







I've been looking for my mojo this past week.  This year has had alot of quilting roadblocks & I need a jump start.  My longarm was down for 6 months due to stupid human error & then health delays.  I did a few tops in the winter but all I've done since summer is try to put together a paper pieced star for a Quilt of Valor.  Every piece was touched 5 or 6 times.  I finished it last Saturday with at least 15-20 hours struggling with it.  & it sure was not the quality I worked so hard to get.  So I went back to watch the Carol Doak  craftsy class on foundation paper piecing & found I was doing 1 step totally wrong.  I could not line up 1 single piece the way I was doing it.  So decided to make a second block to get the process embedded in my brain & it took only 6 hrs.  This will get faster as I practice but Im grateful to learn how to do it right.

Here's a link to the first block
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204902320854931&set=gm.472339859613063&type=3&relevant_count=1


1 comment: